Today I want to share a delicious vegan sandwich recipe from a 15 y.o Connor Haris. I love that through Instagram people have started to embrace their passion and creativity. You can visit Connors’ Instagram page and see amazing and beautiful dishes that he cooks.
Once you look at his page you can be surprised how versatile vegan cuisine can be. Nothing is impossible. The recipe that he shared for my blog is very filling and very delicious. You can cook this vegan sandwich on the weekends or during the week. However, it needs some time to be prepared.
- One medium to large sweet potato
- One cup black beans
- Garlic, pepper, and salt
- Juice of one lime and one lemon
- 3/4 of a medium avocado
- Ketchup and/or Sriracha
- 4 slices of bread
- (optional) 2 tbs olive oil
- 1) Bake one medium to large sweet potato, while baking rise off 1 cup of black beans. Pour black beans into a bowl with the sweet potato when finished cooking. Mash lightly adding in the juice of half a lime and lemon, pinch of garlic and peeper, and salt to taste. Mash till well combined and sticks together.
- 2) Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Mold the sweet potato/ black bean mixture into 2 even burger patty like shapes, refrigerate for 3 hours (or overnight for next day).
- 3) Take 1 slice of bread and layer on one tbs of olive oil and ketchup (or tomato paste with lemon and pepper), place the refrigerated burger patty (bake for 5-10 min if wanted warm, I recommend having it cold) on the slice of bread.
- 4) Finally add smashed avocado and mustard and top with another slice of bread. Repeat for second sandwich. Enjoy!
- Makes two hefty sandwiches