During this fall I fell in love with pumpkins once again. Each and every year I find new recipes that I enjoy. This is great because my dream of creating a vegetarian recipe book is getting stronger every time I cook. Pumpkin honey salad was a very spontaneous recipe. However, the result impressed me a lot.
If talking seriously I love all fruits and vegetables with no exceptions. Only pineapples and celery is a huge regret of mine. Once they plump up my upper lip and gave me allergy all over my face. Wich stayed for a week or even more. This is the reason why I avoid those two. Only during fall time pumpkins are sold on every corner and it is a shame not to use them until they are available and cheap. I love experimenting with different products, combine flavors and create new recipes.
I love making pumpkin soup, for example. This is the best dish for cold evenings. Check it out if you want. Also, I have a great sweet vegan recipe with pumpkin – Pumpkin cake. I never thought that it is possible to make such a delicious cake without any animal products. Apparently, you can.
So, shall we start? Pumpkin and honey salad is very unique and it will totally we a great dish for any occasion. It is very pretty in color and very delicious. If you think that the salad will be too sweet, do not worry. The freshness of greens and the acidity of a balsamic vinegar will balance everything.
- 300 gr. spinach
- 100 gr. champignons
- 100 gr. pumpkin
- 2 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut pumpkin onto small pieces, coat with olive oil and roast for 15-20 minutes. Then move aside to let it cool a bit.
- Cut mushrooms and sotee them on a pan with olive oil and honey.
- Wash spinach leaves and rip them in a bowl with your hands.
- Add mushrooms and pumpkin into the salad.
- Mix everything well and them all the rest of the oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- You can also add other greens if you want